Ginaslibrary

Gina's Library of Reviews

I am a blogger and reader.

Two Brothers: Origin, A Ramtalan Trilogy
Sofia Diana Gabel
What the Dog Ate - Jackie Bouchard I was asked to review this book for the author. I really enjoyed this book.

Maggie found out the hard (and expensive) way that her husband was cheating on her. Maggie now has to learn how to live on her own. She is not really on her own, she has a 4 legged companion Kona.

Kona is a beast of a dog. He eats everything in sight. You even have to avoid saying trigger words around him. The dog is in serious need of some behavior training.

Maggie goes through all the roller coaster of emotions that you would expect when going through a divorce. Along the way she makes 2 great friends.

It takes Maggie awhile to figure out what she wants to do with her life. When she finally does, it's perfect for her. Of course she makes it work.

This is the authors first novel. I think she did a great job with this novel. This book was both serious and funny. The author was able to combine the two emotions seamlessly. I found myself emotionally invested in the characters. I was rooting for Maggie all the way!

I will definitely keep this author on my list of new authors to check out in the future.