Ginaslibrary

Gina's Library of Reviews

I am a blogger and reader.

Two Brothers: Origin, A Ramtalan Trilogy
Sofia Diana Gabel
Kindred - Octavia E. Butler I loved this book! I love historical fiction novels though.

We find out right away why Dana was sent to save Rufus in the first place. This book was definitely a page turner. I found myself anxious to see what will happen next.

This book gives us a better look into what life was like back in that era. Both as a slave and as a plantation owner.

Everyone in this era complains about having a hard life. Thing back to our ancestors. Now that is a hard life. Imagine how much of a hard life those that were slaves had. Can you imagine literally being owned by another human being? You had to do exactly what they said, when they said it or fear being subjected to such violence it makes you shudder to think about it even now.

To know that even your own children are not really yours. You live in the constant fear that your children could be sold at any time. So totally heart wrenching.

Dana fights to survive in a time that she is not suppose to be free and as educated as she is. She has no control over when she ends up on the plantation and how long she stays for. She tries to make the best of it as best she can....until she is fed up.