Ginaslibrary

Gina's Library of Reviews

I am a blogger and reader.

Two Brothers: Origin, A Ramtalan Trilogy
Sofia Diana Gabel
After the Fog - Kathleen Shoop I read this book for the author for an honest review.

I was eager to read this book because I'm from Pittsburgh PA. I've never heard about the fog of 1948 though. I was very interested in reading about it.

I found this to be a great story but long. It took a long time to finish it.

The character of Rose is like many women. She was trying to juggle her family and work. At the same time she was dealing with issues of her past that she never dealt with. No matter what your problems are in life, you can not deal with them by simply brushing them under the rug. You may hide them for a long time but they always have a habit of rearing their ugly head when you least expect it.

Lies always always have a habit of coming out no matter who is keeping them.

Rose also has to deal with difficult family members. Back in that time extended family lives together. That doesn't sound very healthy but it's the way it was done back then.

At the end this story proves that love and family mean something. You can always work something out if you really want to. Is it easy? No. Is it worth the time and effort? Yes.

I hope to read other work by this author. She can really tell a good story that you feel invested in.