Ginaslibrary

Gina's Library of Reviews

I am a blogger and reader.

Two Brothers: Origin, A Ramtalan Trilogy
Sofia Diana Gabel
Defiant Heart - Marty Steere I received an ARC from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This book to me is 2 genre's in one, Historical Fiction and Romance. I feel historical romance is a tricky genre. While it is fiction, you have to have some sort of truth behind it to be believeable. There was a healthy balance of both the historical part, and the romance part. I found myself anxious to see how things turned out with both aspects.

The book starts out with Jon Meyer who is suddenly sent to live with his grandmother in a small Indiana town. Life is not easy for Jon there. Not only is it a very small town, he finds himself falling for the same girl the town bully has his sights on.

Mary has always grown up in the small town where everyone knows everyone. She's never really showed an interest in boys until Jon comes to town. Mary would do anything to be with Jon, the only boy she's ever loved.

The couple has to overcome many obsticules to finally have their happy ending. Their love story is about true love, committment, enduring the unknown, and faithfulness. Their love story was not your typical teenage love story.

I highly enjoyed this book. This is the second book by this author.